Xuan-de: Year 5, Month 5, Day 26
16 Jun 1430
The palisaded area at Li-hua Old Town (黎花舊市) was upgraded to the Central-Right Battalion of the Lin-an Guard. Previously, as the Lin-an region was close to Jiao-zhi and it was frequently attacked by bandits, the Qian-guo Duke Mu Sheng memorialized requesting that 1,000 militiamen be raised, that 10 local company commanders be selected to lead them and that a palisaded area be established at Li-hua Old Town as a base for them, so that they could assist in defence together with the government troops of Lin-an Guard. At this time, over 10 years later, all these local commanders requested headwear and belts, the bestowal of seals and the appointment of a local battalion commander to lead them. Sheng memorialized advice of this and the requests were approved.
Zhong-yang Yan-jiu yuan Ming Shi-lu, volume 19, page 1566